Sunday, December 23, 2007

Hmmm....malls low on shoppers, and nor perhaps credit card crunch...



Walking around the malls the past few weeks has been sort of interesting. I was trying to guage the amount of Christmas buying.

Initially I saw plenty of people walking around....but I noticed something interesting....not as many people carrying bags and bundles.

It looked as though people were not buying as much as they used to...or at least as far as I could see.

I have to admit that this is a sample of only 4 days of shopping...and only in 2 malls. A very poor sample for such a statement.

But I ran across this article today and wonder if my observations might not actually be more generic .

Sounds as though people are starting to feel the credit crunch in their credit cards....not just their sub-prime mortage being ARM's up on them. I suppose it's all part and parcel of the same thing....people in debt.

What to do though...where to invest. That is the $64,000 question I suppose.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog....

Don't forget to get the vote out tomorrow FOR ROMNEY! You guys in New Hampshire can make the difference!! Good Luck!

8:19 PM EST  
Anonymous QUALITY STOCKS UNDER 5 DOLLARS said...

Excellent commentary

2:46 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home