Thursday, January 24, 2008

"Watch the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves." - Ben Franklin



I think everyone has heard both of these Ben Franklin quotes, and I suppose I might have taken them to heart in my life.

I don't think I'm a miser by any stretch, but I have tried to save....for a rainy day and for retirement.

I have taken to feeling a little worried about my savings....I'm not a millionaire (certainly not in this market) but I have saved a fair bit....and it worries me that I will be a bad influence on me....sort of harden me or make me less good. (in some way)

But the more I think about it the better I feel about ay money I have saved. I mean I didn't rip anyone off....I didn't extort it. I worked of my own (and my wife's) sweat and we simply lived within our means. We could easily have spent up to our wage.....but we lived a fairly simple and modest life. No dishonor in that.

I'm not sure this is much of a personal finance post....more of a navel gazing one I suppose.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous QUALITY STOCKS UNDER 4 DOLLARS said...

Learin g about money at a early age is a good idea.

4:43 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home