Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Hmmm....this guy got me thinking.....


I was looking at the finance bloggers for a bit this afternoon and I came across this guys post and it seemed pretty interesting to me.

It seemed interesting for several reasons. First, I am a cheapskate, and I actually enjoy saving money. I like being cleaver about things and cutting corners.

I also liked his thinking because I too have been trying to cut expenses....so I have been creating spreadsheet budgets and cuting back on things like cable TV and cell phones. (and food purchases and other things)

I also took to cooking more myself in an attempt to save money. I found that buying certain things that do not spoil in larger bulk and then using them as the center of a larger dish makes things cheaper. I just have to make sure I freeze or otherwise aportion out the resuting food properly or the spoilage costs will quickly outweigh the savings.

I have purchased things like dried beans in sizable bulk, as well as rice, nuts and even squash. (Which keeps well in the basement)

I have been making soups and all kinds of squash concoctions....it is surprising what a few onions, butter, a bit of olice oil, some garlic a bit if cheese and spices will do for just those basic ingredience.

Oh, and the other thing is that I am quite lucky to love eating about anything....so I'm easy to please.

Oh, and here are some sites that I might check out further to get myself started:

There may be some BLOG posts coming this way from me on this sort of thing.....we will see.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Surbaugh said...

thank you for the link. Good luck on your savings.

9:01 AM EST  
Anonymous QUALITY STOCKS UNDER 5 DOLLARS said...

Excellent

3:01 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home