Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I am sorry I have not posted.....but our family has suffered a great loss

I am sorry I have not posted for about a week, but I have suffered a massive loss. My wife Cheryl died unexpectidly last Thursday of a heart attack and my two daughters and I are very shocked and saddened.

Yesterday's Christmas was of course not very merry, but it will be only the first of many that we have without Cheryl. My wife was the corner stone of our family....not just for me and my daughters, but for her own family of brothers and parents. She was not only an organizer and always involved, but she always "Knew what to do".

Cheryl had many activities in the community, and she did everything in her life in such an unselfish manner. These past few days I have been combing our family address book calling friends and relatives, and while this was a very sad task, I actually received great joy from it as well. I did because so many of her friends and family reminded me of some of the kind and loving things she did for and with them, and how much they loved her.

I understand that I am quite biased in my views, but I believe my wife was one of a kind and I just hope that she thouroughly enjoyed her 47 years on the earth.

I know this post is not related personal finance , but I hope you can bear with it and me at this point. I promise I will be back to posting my petty thoughts and musings....and I will probably create some post on my experiences with our personal finances after the funeral.

I promise not to make them too personal, but my wife actually took care of all the daily accounts, and I am going to have to get a handle on them and figure out how she did it and where everything is.

She was very well organized, so I should be able to do it....I will try to make my posts insightful and not just a diary.

Again....please bear with me and bu current hiatus of posts.

Thanks,
-Quentin

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so terribly sorry to hear about your loss. I was shocked as well to hear about your story. My deepest sympathies to your family.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

4:24 PM EST  
Blogger jdroth said...

This breaks my heart, Quentin. I've never been to your site before, but my thoughts and prayers are with you. I cannot imagine your loss.

8:22 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quentin,

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. We'll keep you and your family in our prayers.

12:00 AM EST  
Blogger Janice said...

Quentin,

You and your family are in my prayers. I realize that writing this article about your lovely wife was probably one of the hardest things you've had to do. But thank you for sharing a bit of her with us, even if some are strangers to you.

My heart goes out to you in your time of grief.

Janice

12:11 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

11:31 PM EST  
Blogger Good Fortune said...

I've only just come across your blog, and I'm so sorry for your loss. Knowing only what I've read about your wife in two posts, I have to say she was a wonderful woman. I'm going to make sure that I have a paper trail and instructions for my husband to follow.

11:36 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home