Thursday, September 01, 2022

Now What.....Retired and Going Into a New Post-Covid World of Economic Instability

 Getting back into writing.....to focus my thoughts and perspective

I'M BACK!

I have decided to try and BLOG once again about investing and the world economy. We appear to be in a time of global slowdown, and a world that appears to be de-globalizing. How should we navigate this personally?

I tend to be risk averse, so my default base case is to become even more frugal. But that's not very easy being on a fixed income in retirement.

So I will probably try to "think my way through" things as I write.


WHAT AM I DOING NOW?

At the moment, I am still pretty conservative with my retirement savings. In true risk averse / conservative style, I have diversification in my portfolio with about 50% being managed by a Financial Adviser and another 50% by myself. I don't force their hands, unless things get very much out of control. (as they did in 2008)

As for the money I invest, I am about 50% in cash (dry powder) and then the majority of the rest is in a fairly safe dividend paying portfolio of stocks. Both arms of my portfolio are doing OK, so I can't complain.

Anyways....what to do is what I will be pondering and writing about....and what sort of "signals" do I see as I navigate our very odd financial environment.


WHAT IS COMING?

NEXT POST.....burned by RUSSIA ETF closure and spooked out of three Chinese companies because of a prediction by Kyle Bass! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fomuXEaEAJA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home